Thursday, September 9, 2010

On-blog-Quiz

I found the Diane Hacker website to be very informational yet difficult at the same time.The site usually broke down each question into parts.If you chose the wrong answer,it told you why it was wrong and what context it would be used in. If you were correct it would let you know what words were correct for that topic and show you an example. After i got a decent understanding of the question or topic I would move onto the next question. It  made me realize how much information I was behind on and had forgotten.One of the things I learned was the difference between active and passive verbs. An example of that would be "Experience teaches many lessons." The subject "experience names the actor. A few more things I learned about were choppy sentence's and Active verbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment